Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Boom goes the dynamite

Well, so far so good. It's week two of the summer 1 courses I'm taking. In addition to that, conference season is kicking off and I'm about to have more things to do with that. It is a good time but can be a bit of a headache at times just because I don't have my usual crew of people helping out.

This coming weekend, as in, this Friday Dalena and I are traveling to Houston, then to Harlingen, and then back to Denton. You might be asking yourself why would we do this. Well, it's for my recemtly deceased Grandmother. The Lord saw fit to relieve her pain once and for all and take her away. This while somewhat sad is the reason Dalena and I are heading down to South Texas for two nights. While not the ideal roadtrip, it will provide a lot of fun moments for us to be sure.

I love the idea of celebrating a life in death. While it is important to grieve and to mourn it is also important to remember God and his words regarding death. Those who follow the Lord will not see death. This is truly one of those really cool things Jesus says in the bible but is also probably one of the things that we humans are most curious about and wish to know more. Happily, we all get to know more.

I am feeling vastly less stressed now after plowing through some satsuma homework that I actually understood. It's a funny thing about math and I, we never used to get along and I think even now we still only tolerate each other. Love it or hate it, I'm liking the fact that I'm moving further in my master's degree this summer by taking the stats class. I can't wait to graduate again. It will be a party!

For now I'm going to call it a night. The bad thing about packing each day so full is that I am so tired at night.

Until later...

No comments: